Investing in Spain
Beautiful beaches, warm weather all year long, delicious cuisine or one of the best lifestyles in the world might seem enough to justify investing in Spain. On top of that, the current economy and favorable market trends allow Spain to be one of the main objectives of foreign investors from all over the world. The economy of Spain is one of the highly developed economies within the European Union (EU). The country imposes fewest restrictions on FDI. Moreover, it is ranked the ninth most open economy for foreign investment on the OECD’s FDI Restrictiveness Index.
Spain offers a great lifestyle, offering an abundance of culture, recreation and public safety. Spanish people are very welcoming towards foreigners, which makes the country a world leader in tourism with the third highest figure for tourist arrivals and the second highest for tourism receipts.
The Spanish climate is very diverse and probably the best among all European countries. The summers are hot and humid around the Mediterranean, while the winters in the region are mild and, at times, wet. Central Spain also have a similar hot and dry summer; however, there could be snow and strong, cold winds in the winter season. The north and northwest areas of Spain are frequently wet and overcast during most of the year but summers are mild and enjoyable.
Additionally, traveling within the country and Europe is easy and you may fly from one point of the country to the other in 1 hour. International airports are dotted throughout, and connections are very frequent; buses and trains are fast and also link countries throughout Europe.
Reasons to invest in Spain
- Spain is one of the world’s top tourist destinations, with 54.4 million foreign tourists up to Q3 2015.
- The country is the world’s second biggest holiday destination.
- Spain offers endless rental possibilities throughout the year, with more than 300 days of sun every year and affluent world-class golf courses.
- Highly economical and easy access from a huge range of locations via low cost airlines.
- Ranked 1st in the EU in terms of the number of high-capacity toll roads and highways.
- The country’s health system is widely regarded as one of the best in Europe and its population has one of the highest life expectancy in the world.
- Exceptional public educational system.